Access 2003. MultiSelect. FOR DUMMIES

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been searching for info about Access 2003 MultiSelect option. I have found a lot of info, however, I do not know how to use it.

I want in my forms a field where I can select more than 1 value. It seems like you can do this with a list box. It is fine for me till here.

I have created the list box and I have introduced the values that I want to be shown (I have introduced them manually; they are not read from a table or query). The list box in called “applications” and the possible values are: Broadband and Broadcast (they could be more). I have selected MultiSelect=simple or extended in the properties. Doing that, it is possible to select 2 values.

My problem: I do knot know how to read that selection!! How to store it??!!

If the selection of that field is for a form which introduces data in a table, then I need those selected values to be stored in the field “applications’ in the table. So, there will be an entrance in the table whose field application is = Broadband Broadcast, if both are selected.

If the selection of the field is for a QBF, then I need the selected values to be used in the criteria in the query. For example, I can make a query to search those who have in applications de values Broadband Broadcast. Or search for those who only have Broadband…

All the info I found about this involves macros, and I found some code examples. My problem is that I have no idea about macros. I do not know where I need to save the macro code, or what to do to execute it… When I try to copy the code examples, I do not know where to copy them… Could someone explain me step by step, for dummies, what I need to do?

Thank you!

Ask a Question