Access 2002: Can't set RecordsetType

Vladimír Cvajniga

Hi, all,

in MS Access 2002 Czech version I can't set RecordsetType property...
neither in query design nor in form design. In the RecordsetType property
combo box I only have two options available:

row 1 in combo-box: dynamicka sada (Dynaset)
row 2 in combo-box:1

Yes, it's digit 1 in row 2! Setting either of the two values causes an error
message:
Zadana hodnota neni pro toto pole platna.
Do ciselneho pole byl napr. zadan text nebo cislo, ktere presahuje nastaveni
velikosti pole.

Translation:
The value is not valid for this field.
For example, you may have entered text in numeric field or value which
overflows field size.

What am I doing wrong? Is the only way to set RecordsetType in code? BTW,
there should be more values in the appropriate combo-box.

TYVM in advance.

Vlado

P.S. Excuse me for my poor English. ;-)

aaron.kempf

are you trying to set the 'RecordsetType' property to the name of a
custom function; or one of the default values?

-Aaron

Hi Vladimír

It sounds to me like you may have the bound column set wrong.

Change the format of the combo to

Column Count = 2
Column Widths = 2.542cm;2.542cm
Bound Column = 1

Not really sure from your post which data you have stored so you may need to
change it to
Column Widths = 0cm;2.542cm
depending on if you are storeing the 1st or 2nd column data.

Hope this helps

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can't be done!

It can't be done since it's MS Access' property!

Hi VladimÃ*r

"VladimÃ*r Cvajniga" wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> in MS Access 2002 Czech version I can't set RecordsetType property...
> neither in query design nor in form design. In the RecordsetType property
> combo box I only have two options available:
>
> row 1 in combo-box: dynamicka sada (Dynaset)
> row 2 in combo-box:1
>
> Yes, it's digit 1 in row 2! Setting either of the two values causes an error
> message:
> Zadana hodnota neni pro toto pole platna.
> Do ciselneho pole byl napr. zadan text nebo cislo, ktere presahuje nastaveni
> velikosti pole.
>
> Translation:
> The value is not valid for this field.
> For example, you may have entered text in numeric field or value which
> overflows field size.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Is the only way to set RecordsetType in code? BTW,
> there should be more values in the appropriate combo-box.
>
> TYVM in advance.
>
> Vlado
>
> P.S. Excuse me for my poor English. ;-)

Top