about StockQuoteService

dotnet

Do you run well about StockQuoteService on \Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\Samples\VC#\Pocket
PC\StockQuote folder?
After I new a asp.net service project,I add and config files to the
project.When I visit http://localhost/StockQuoteService,it appear error in
IE Explorer.Please tell me how to visit it?Thanks.

I open \Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\Samples\VC#\Pocket
PC\StockQuote\StockQuote.sln,and add the web reference,replace the string
"YOURSERVER" in this file with the name of my target web
server(localhost),and I compile it successfully.But when I run it on
PocketPC2002 simulator,it appear error,and pop up "don't connect remote
server" .
I can visit http://www.microsoft.com on the PocketPC2002 simulator.
Thanks.

Mike Boilen [MS]

You need to replace YOURSERVER with the host name or ip address of the
server rather than localhost. Since the application executes on device or
on the emulator, "localhost" refers to the emulator/device, and not the
machine on which Visual Studio is running.

Mike Boilen
Developer
.NET Compact Framework

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/FAQ.aspx