About running 1.1 executable under 2.0

We have a Win based program that was written and compiled in runtime 1.1. Now
some of user’s workstations are having runtime 2.0 and 1.1 installed. If we
do not specify the supportedRuntime in our application configuration file,
does .NET runtime use runtime 2.0 to execute our application or still use
runtime 1.1 ?

Thanks in advance
DK

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mel,

depends on app,

if you use some COM servers that need to interact with the managed code they
will request the *latest* version of .NET FW, not the 1.1
In this case u need to specify desired version in the config file.

M> Still uses 1.1
M>
M> "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
M> wrote in message
M> M>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche