A7N8X-E Deluxe..............sound question


W

Wildbill

I have an A7N8X-E Drluxe MB, and am using the onboard sound hooked to
a small home theatre system. The resulting sound is awsome!

My question/problem is, I installed a 3Dvision video capture and TV
tuner board which needs to be pluged into the sound card. Since I am
using all of the available plugs on the MB (and don't want to unplug
continuously) Can I add another sound card?? and make it work?

Any comment/suggestion appreciated

Wildbill

A7N8X-E Deluxe
BIOS- 1008
AMD Athalon 2800+ Barton core
2 x - Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Windows XP Home
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Ben Pope

Wildbill said:
I have an A7N8X-E Drluxe MB, and am using the onboard sound hooked to
a small home theatre system. The resulting sound is awsome!

My question/problem is, I installed a 3Dvision video capture and TV
tuner board which needs to be pluged into the sound card. Since I am
using all of the available plugs on the MB (and don't want to unplug
continuously) Can I add another sound card?? and make it work?


If you enable DAE for your CD drives, that would improve their quality
(since those cables are pretty prone to picking up interference) and free up
some internal connectors. for your TV card.

Go into device manager and for each CD(DVD) Drive click Enable Digital Audio
on the properties - then remove the silly audio cables from the drive to the
motherboard.

Ben
 
W

Wildbill

I am NOT having a problem with the onboard sound, It Is Awsome. The
problem is that I don't have a place to plug the capture board audio
into.

Can I install another sound card for the capture board? Or will it
conflict with the onboard sound on the MB?
 
P

Peter Wilkes

Installing another soundcard is no probs. I have a machine at work with the
A7N8X-Deluxe (Rev 2.0) and it has two soundcards as well as the onboard
sound. Onboard sound does the music on hold for the telephone system, Sound
card one does the PA system and the second is for the computer sounds. All
works perfectly. These cards are both Creative Live Player 5.1

PW
 
B

Ben Pope

Wildbill said:
I am NOT having a problem with the onboard sound, It Is Awsome.

I didn't suggest you were.
The problem is that I don't have a place to plug the capture board
audio into.

Right. Do you have your Cd drives plugged into your sound card? Does that
not use up a connector? If you were to use DAE (Most people don't) you
could free up a connector.
Can I install another sound card for the capture board? Or will it
conflict with the onboard sound on the MB?

If you would like. Alternatively you could just rewire the connector on the
capture card if it's a minijack and plug it into your existing sound card.

Ben
 
W

Wildbill

Thanks Ben!

Actually I don't have a sound card installed yet. I am currently using
onboard sound. Six speaker configuration. that does'nt leave anywhere
to plug in the capture card.

My original question (I think) was. "Can I add a sound
card......without causing problems with onboard sound"
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Ben Pope

Wildbill said:
Thanks Ben!

Actually I don't have a sound card installed yet. I am currently using
onboard sound. Six speaker configuration. that does'nt leave anywhere
to plug in the capture card.

Actually, it does. If you look on the motherboard, you should see 3
connectors to the sound card, labelled CD1, Aux1 and Modem1. It is my
understanding that these are basically line-in (with the same impedance
specs) so you should be able to plug the device into one of these...
My original question (I think) was. "Can I add a sound
card......without causing problems with onboard sound"

I know.

I thought I'd make an alternative suggestion to fitting a sound card in
addition to your onboard sound.

Ben
 
W

Wildbill

Thanks Ben,

I think I understand what you were saying now.

I tried the sound card, but had conflicts with another device
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Ben Pope

Wildbill said:
Thanks Ben,

I think I understand what you were saying now.

I tried the sound card, but had conflicts with another device


Well I'll try again to check that the impedances and levels are the same.
Not now though... :) I haven't found much so far with a search of the web,
maybe sci.electronics.design is your new friend :).

Ben
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top