A problem with System.Configuration namespace

J

Jyothi Kumar

Hi, my project is a migrated project from VS 2003 to VS 2005, in this project I used System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings, now in VS 2005 it is giving a warning Message like:
ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings is Obsolete, please replace with ConfigurationManager.AppSettings, but Iam unable to find this ConfigurationManager class in System.Configuration namespace, but if I add System.Configuration.dll as reference to my project Iam able to find ConfigurationManager class, Can anybody tell me about this concept?
either is this a BUG of VS 2005?

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

O

oren o

The ConfigurationManager is a better and improved application configuration managing mechanism introduced in the .NET 2.0 which actually replace the its predecessor and it was embedded in a different assembly as you mensioned before.

Just add a reference and start use it as you have described
\

Plastio

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

M

Marc Scheuner

Hi, my project is a migrated project from VS 2003 to VS 2005, in this project I used System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings, now in VS 2005 it is giving a warning Message like:
ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings is Obsolete, please replace with ConfigurationManager.AppSettings, but Iam unable to find this ConfigurationManager class in System.Configuration namespace,
but if I add System.Configuration.dll as reference to my project Iam able to find ConfigurationManager class, Can anybody tell me about this concept?
either is this a BUG of VS 2005?

It's *NOT* a bug is VS2005 - you just have to add the
System.COnfiguration assembly as a reference before being able to use
the ConfigurationManager class - it's by design.

Marc

Ask a Question