A lick of paint for psd99's computer room

Reaction score
It took 8 months of planning for finally I took the plunge of repainting my computer room. Originally a very dark shade of purple now two colours apricot white and apricot crush!
:)

Check out the pics

DSC05350a.jpg

DSC05352a.jpg

undercoat:

DSC05358.jpg

DSC05359a.jpg

wet apricot crush:

DSC05374a.jpg

DSC05382a.jpg

FINISHED product:

painting2.jpg

check out the difference there!

And viola.....

DSC05433a.jpg

do you all like?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Huge improvement methinks.

I like a light lilac or mauve for a room but that purple was a little, um, intense.

The Apricot is good, kinda classy, I'd never considered that as a room colour before.

Reaction score
cheers the purple was meant to be lilac it was a bit deceiving on the tin some 8 years ago

check out the colour white apricot really nice colour

the other combination I was going to go for was
blue mist
+
cornflower white

good combination IMO

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A really nice transformation Psd99, I love those apricot colours, they look lovely and bright, but in a relaxing way. (I'm a bit biased though, because our sitting room walls are a similar colour... but in need of a re-paint now.) Well done you! :thumb: :D

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
A really nice transformation Psd99, I love those apricot colours, they look lovely and bright, but in a relaxing way. (I'm a bit biased though, because our sitting room walls are a similar colour... but in need of a re-paint now.) Well done you! :thumb: :D

cheers check out the deluxe website for ideas:

http://www.dulux.co.uk/servlet/GetTheLookHandler?folder=livingroom002

and before you do it don't forget the before and after pics so you can show us all on here

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
psd99 said:
and before you do it don't forget the before and after pics so you can show us all on here
You mean the ones with hubby's foot in a pot of paint and cats with their tails stuck to the door-post!! :lol:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
You mean the ones with hubby's foot in a pot of paint and cats with their tails stuck to the door-post!! :lol:

oh yer there is those ones
lol

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a tangle of wires under the desk. :D

Reaction score
Much better

Taking the fitting ie lights sockets and switch off the wall or leaving them nice and loose makes things a lot easier though ;)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Much better

Taking the fitting ie lights sockets and switch off the wall or leaving them nice and loose makes things a lot easier though ;)

yer originally we taped em up but then decided it wasn't enough so took out the screws moved away from wall and painted around them all then when the paint dried back on

:)

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a tangle of wires under the desk. :D

yer still a bit unsettled and when I get the chance will make the wires look nicer I will get it such that one can not see any of the wires.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Big improvement mate :) Looks much brighter now :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Big improvement mate :) Looks much brighter now :D

thanks sometimes I wonder if I am in the same house and I keep looking to see if the light is turned off!

Ask a Question