A Go Anywhere Theatre Setup

Reaction score
I have a beautiful 7.1 Dolby system set up to my main IBM server tower in my living room, it has Dual Xeon 3.06 processors, with Mirroring, so it actually reads as four processors. I have 8 Gb Ram and Dual Small SCSI drives, All my media is kept mobile on my laptop or android or other desktop pc's around my house, as well I have large screens, one in each room of my apartment, but all their speakers suck. My 7.1 system creates beautiful sound that fills my whole house so I want to do is have a setup so that any audio that would be playing from any pc in my house is played through my server's sound card as I do not use the system itself for anything intense or that has audio needs. I do not want to have to use patch cables to attach all my 8 computers together either. I have them all networked fine and sharing folders works great. I just want to be able to leave my main server alone to run my game server, and at same time play sound from any computer on the network through the servers sound card. This way I no longer need to keep my little dedicated 15" monitor hooked up to it, and can just kvm between it and my gaming pc when I want to check on things.

Reaction score
:thumb: Sounds like a great system, with all those PC's and Server you could join our team crunching ( WCG World Community Grid) which is supported by IBM

Reaction score
I have taken a look at WCG, and may join, I just need to get everything set up to where I don't need to fiddle any more first.

Reaction score
:thumb: That is great mmclean82 all contributers gratfully recieved:bow:The team will be happy to see you.:cheers:

Ask a Question