A+ Freeware

Jeff Needle

Frank Bohan said:
All the programs on this site seem to be worth looking at:

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/

===

Nice concept, but at least one problem. They have Atlantis Nova as a
replacement for Word. But their link takes you to their shareware product,
Atlantis, not to Nova, the freeware version. And since the Atlantis page
doesn't even mention Nova, there's no indication how to get it.

I've e-mailed the folks at aplusfreeware with this information.

BoB

Nice concept, but at least one problem. They have Atlantis Nova as a
replacement for Word. But their link takes you to their shareware product,
Atlantis, not to Nova, the freeware version. And since the Atlantis page
doesn't even mention Nova, there's no indication how to get it.

I've e-mailed the folks at aplusfreeware with this information.

Vendor.txt says, The latest version of Atlantis is always available on
the Atlantis Home site at

http://www.rssol.com/en/html/export/downloads.htm

The normal filename for Atlantis Nova is

atlant10n_en.exe
- - - -

My free version, 1.0.0.65, indicates Nova in the help screen but for
the most part, the word processor is just referred to as Atlantis.

BoB

Jeff Needle

BoB said:
Vendor.txt says, The latest version of Atlantis is always available on
the Atlantis Home site at

http://www.rssol.com/en/html/export/downloads.htm

The normal filename for Atlantis Nova is

atlant10n_en.exe
- - - -

My free version, 1.0.0.65, indicates Nova in the help screen but for
the most part, the word processor is just referred to as Atlantis.

BoB

I downloaded the file from the given page, and I get shareware notices
all over the place, 30-day trial stuff, etc.

Thanks for the filename. I will have to see if it has the features I want.

Susan Bugher

Jeff said:
BoB wrote:
I downloaded the file from the given page, and I get shareware notices
all over the place, 30-day trial stuff, etc.

They've completely hidden the free version now but they still host it.

Atlantis Nova is PL2006 and it's on the PL2006 CD. . . or you can
download it if you don't have the CD. . .

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006TEXT.php#0064-PW

download v 1.0.0.68 (2005-11-17) [ atlant10n_en.exe (767 KB) English]
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/download/atlant10n_en.exe

BTW - don't worry about minor version changes - AFAIK all they change is
their blurbs for the latest payware version. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Jeff Needle

Susan said:
Jeff said:
BoB wrote:
I downloaded the file from the given page, and I get shareware notices
all over the place, 30-day trial stuff, etc.

They've completely hidden the free version now but they still host it.

Atlantis Nova is PL2006 and it's on the PL2006 CD. . . or you can
download it if you don't have the CD. . .

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006TEXT.php#0064-PW

download v 1.0.0.68 (2005-11-17) [ atlant10n_en.exe (767 KB) English]
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/download/atlant10n_en.exe

BTW - don't worry about minor version changes - AFAIK all they change is
their blurbs for the latest payware version. . .

Susan

Thanks! Yes, thanks to the kindness of a listmember, I have the CD. I
will check to see if it's the latest version, but I see your note about
version changes. My fear is that the free version doesn't have the
excellent envelope printing capability of the paid version. I'll check it.