9800pro and splinter cell

Mike

I just got this card and playing splinter cell(patched 1.2b). I'm having
problems where there are very bright areas in the game such as very bright
squares in the training section and when I got to the first level everything
seems to be on fire in the building that is on fire (even areas that are not
supposed to have fires)
Is this normal or is it something that needs addressing?
My specs:
XP pro sp1
Jetway polaris KT400
Athlon XP2100+ (@ 2158 Mhz)
Crucial Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg (catalyst 3.5 and not oc and AGP 8x enabled)
Crucial DDR 3200 (1 Gig)
DX9.0a
other stuff

MikeE

Ceyko

If you are wearing the NV goggles, this is normal. Does it do this when not
wearing any goggles? Additionally, you could play with the in-game
gamma/brightness settings.

Good luck,
Ceyko
Mike said:
I just got this card and playing splinter cell(patched 1.2b). I'm having
problems where there are very bright areas in the game such as very bright
squares in the training section and when I got to the first level everything
seems to be on fire in the building that is on fire (even areas that are not
supposed to have fires)
Is this normal or is it something that needs addressing?
My specs:
XP pro sp1
Jetway polaris KT400
Athlon XP2100+ (@ 2158 Mhz)
Crucial Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg (catalyst 3.5 and not oc and AGP 8x enabled)
Crucial DDR 3200 (1 Gig)
DX9.0a
other stuff

MikeE

x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Miez

i'v got a splinter cell problem to, in areas where ther are bright light
shinig, the lightbeams become like a white plane, wherthru you cannot look,
still got no solution found...
got a 9800P with newest drivers..

miez

I just got this card and playing splinter cell(patched 1.2b). I'm having
problems where there are very bright areas in the game such as very bright
squares in the training section and when I got to the first level everything
seems to be on fire in the building that is on fire (even areas that are not
supposed to have fires)
Is this normal or is it something that needs addressing?
My specs:
XP pro sp1
Jetway polaris KT400
Athlon XP2100+ (@ 2158 Mhz)
Crucial Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg (catalyst 3.5 and not oc and AGP 8x enabled)
Crucial DDR 3200 (1 Gig)
DX9.0a
other stuff

MikeE

Splinter cell doesn't work properly with anti aliasing enabled - if you
have it enabled then try disabling it.

Mike

Earth Angel said:
Splinter cell doesn't work properly with anti aliasing enabled - if you
have it enabled then try disabling it.

The problem is happening even when not wearing goggles.
Exact same problem as described by Miez.
Will try disabling AA and see even though the graphics are nice with AA on.

MikeE

Earth Angel

Mike said:
The problem is happening even when not wearing goggles.
Exact same problem as described by Miez.
Will try disabling AA and see even though the graphics are nice with AA
on.

If you had AA enabled then this will definetely have been causing problems
(square blocks of 'light' hovering in front of windows etc)! FWIW I find it
works fine with AF enabled - just not AA..... Running it in a higher res
helps as far as jaggies are concerned!

Top