939 on Newegg

Discussion in 'AMD 64 Bit' started by Daniel P, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Daniel P

    Daniel P Guest

    Daniel P, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Where are the motherboardS for this beast?

    Post Replies Here Please, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Daniel P

    Daniel P Guest

    None out yet.

    AMD should have talked to the MOBO companies to time the release with a
    motherboard.

    Daniel P, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Daniel P

    Ed Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:48:12 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
    <> wrote:

    >Where are the motherboardS for this beast?

    Taiwan ;p

    Ed, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Daniel P

    Guest Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 07:16:48 GMT, Ed <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:48:12 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Where are the motherboardS for this beast?

    >Taiwan ;p

    Hey, there's a socket 754 nforce3 250gb board at newegg ;)

    Exactly what is so great about 939 anyway ?

    Guest, Jun 6, 2004
  6. On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 03:52:04 -0700, wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 07:16:48 GMT, Ed <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:48:12 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Where are the motherboardS for this beast?

    >>Taiwan ;p

    > Hey, there's a socket 754 nforce3 250gb board at newegg ;)
    >
    > Exactly what is so great about 939 anyway ?

    Dual DDR channels. There are two benefits, 1) Twice the memory bandwidth
    (obviously) 2) More memory (4 DIMMs rather than 3). Also because each
    channel only has two sockets the system memory system is more robust. On
    754s there are 3 sockets on the single channel, populating all three
    sockets with PC3200 DIMMs is going to be touch and go, on the 939s there
    are only two loads on each channel so populating both sockets on each
    channel will be much less problematic.

    General Schvantzkoph, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Daniel P

    Daniel P Guest