360° View of Shuttle Cockpit

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Even a gadget freak would freak out with all those buttons, switches and displays! Phew!

Great find TC! :bow:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Wow that's really interesting to see. I wonder if they really know what all those buttons and switches do... ;)

Did anyone else spot what looks like a blindfolded man lurking down one of the hatches?!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
All that technology and they go and ruin it by throwing in a Dell laptop. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that is pretty neat, although the chairs don't half look uncomfortable ;)

All that technology and they go and ruin it by throwing in a Dell laptop. :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was also very surprised to see a Dell on the bench there and forgot to mention it. The Americans sometimes go backwards when it comes to technology. IBM was all about technology and Dell is all about Marketing.

However, the thing is NASA and all Govt organizations are to use American products as long as they can, if not they go for imported stuff.

For cameras its always been Hassalblad and Nikons as America does not have a camera manufacturer, sure Kodak is an American company but they make toys when it comes to cameras. For watches some of you may remember I posted an article about that on PC Review that Omega Speedmaster was the only watch that survived NASA tests, even Rolex did not make it. There was an American watch maker who was given several chances to come up with a watch for space travel but they could never deliver.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
don't worry about them switches, until the buzzer goes off with the flashing red light ... the Dell is there to play solitaire :)

:user:

Ask a Question