3008 error in Access 2000

G

I built a data management form which allows a user to expunge data, import CSV files, and format them. My ultimate goal is to be able to manage the the update and deletion of data from a single form

Anyway, I'm able to run smoothly the first time through. However, if I try it a second time (w/o closing and re-opening the form), I get this error message

-----------------

3008: The table '[table_name]' is already opened exclusively by another user, or it is already open through the UI and cannot be manipulated programmatically

-----------------

The table(s) in question are not shared and figure that I'm the user whose opened them exclusively. That said, I've tried a number of different tricks that I though might work including the Close() function to no avail

Hopefully, someone out there has seen this error before and has a solution to resolve this

Thanks
JJ

G

Got it! The key is to separate the offending code from the form, put it into it's own module, and call the module. Runs like a charm...

Ask a Question