2000 to 2002 dll pstprx.dll prob

Jordan

After trying to get upgrade to 2000 to 2002 I received the
following error after starting outlook 2002:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file
for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
unable to load the information service Pstprx.dll. Be sure
the service is correctly installed and configured.

I thought I found the solution in MS Knowledge Base
Article 293058, as the symptom it describes is basically
what I did. I proceeded to install the patches, but they
didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Also, can I still keep settings (e.g. folders, contacts)
from Outlook 2000?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jordan

William Tatum[MSFT]

Hi Jordan,

I noticed that you found the correct article for this issue, but did you create a new
profile? The accurate fix for Outlook 2002 for this particular issue is to create a new
profile and move all your information from the old profile into the new profile.

Yes, you can keep all your folders and contacts as all Outlook items are held in one
file - a .pst file. A .pst file holds all the folders you see in Microsoft Outlook's user
interface.

If you need help doing this, please review the following articles:

287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070

291636 OL2002: How to Move Your Personal Folders
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291636

P.S. Go Boiliermakers. I am also a purdue grad. Good luck!!

From: "Jordan" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Jordan" <[email protected]>
Subject: 2000 to 2002 dll pstprx.dll prob
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:40:49 -0700
After trying to get upgrade to 2000 to 2002 I received the
following error after starting outlook 2002:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file
for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
unable to load the information service Pstprx.dll. Be sure
the service is correctly installed and configured.

I thought I found the solution in MS Knowledge Base
Article 293058, as the symptom it describes is basically
what I did. I proceeded to install the patches, but they
didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Also, can I still keep settings (e.g. folders, contacts)
from Outlook 2000?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jordan

William R. Tatum III - MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Tecnnical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications