2 seperate networks divided by a firewall, intermitent conectivity between the two.

Leon

Hi all,

we have 2 networks protect from each other using a watchguard firewall.
All comms between them are fine ie. emails, ftp transfers, mapped drives
etc.

But we find that network a - losses map drive access to servers on networks
b and only a restart of those servers will bring the connectivity up for
network a.

What can lead to this kind of scenario from happening?

Firewall rules are 'allow all' to the server ip addresses between the
networks.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

can you ping IP on the server B when losing the connection?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message Hi all,

we have 2 networks protect from each other using a watchguard firewall.
All comms between them are fine ie. emails, ftp transfers, mapped drives
etc.

But we find that network a - losses map drive access to servers on networks
b and only a restart of those servers will bring the connectivity up for
network a.

What can lead to this kind of scenario from happening?

Firewall rules are 'allow all' to the server ip addresses between the
networks.

Leon

Possible cause of this is the expiry times on the tunnels between both
firewalls.
I have set the firewall not to have an expiry time.
Where as before the tunnel expired after 24hours and reconnect back uo and
if large data transfer was occuring at tis time, the tunnel may have clashed
or collided in some way for the branch office vpn not to be transferring
data again.