2 Concatenating Fields Showing Different Font

jemedwards via AccessMonster.com

I've successfully created a report where I concatenated two fields to show as
one.

My problem: How do I show one of the fields that is concatenated as bold
type and the other as normal type? The following is an example of a
concatenation that I've used:

=[fname] & " " & [Member_lname]

I need the fname to appear as normal type and the member_lname to appear in
bold in any reports created.

Is there something I needed to do in the "member" table for the "lname" field
so that lname would show up as bold no matter if I used it in a form or a
report?

I appreciate any assistance in this matter.

RoyVidar

Though I've never tried it, I'd take a look at Stephen Lebans site, in
particular
http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm

check the lady db, lady report tblady control, and the code in the on
print event of the detail section.

jemedwards via AccessMonster.com wrote in message
I've successfully created a report where I concatenated two fields to show as
one.

My problem: How do I show one of the fields that is concatenated as bold
type and the other as normal type? The following is an example of a
concatenation that I've used:

=[fname] & " " & [Member_lname]

I need the fname to appear as normal type and the member_lname to appear in
bold in any reports created.

Is there something I needed to do in the "member" table for the "lname" field
so that lname would show up as bold no matter if I used it in a form or a
report?

I appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Rick B

You can't do this in a typical text box. There is only one format for the
entire control.

You could create a rich text control. Search the newsgroup for previous
posts on how to do this.