1/2 up printing ?

John Fitzsimons

Okay, if printing two pages on one sheet of paper is 2UP printing what
I want is the reverse. I know I could enlarge fonts etc. but that is
rather tedious.

Is there any quick/easy program/way to do this ? Select a page for
printing and have it print larger so that it is easier to read and
takes two pages ?

Regards, John.

Conor

John said:
Okay, if printing two pages on one sheet of paper is 2UP printing what
I want is the reverse. I know I could enlarge fonts etc. but that is
rather tedious.

Is there any quick/easy program/way to do this ? Select a page for
printing and have it print larger so that it is easier to read and
takes two pages ?
Just look in your printer properties. Most decent printers do scaling.

Susan Bugher

FTR said:
Someone just wrote about 2Up printing. But I didn't see where I could
get it.

Program: 2up
Author: (Michael A. Quinlan)
Install: CLI
http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/win9x.print.undef.html
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/print/2up.zip

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

FTR

Program: 2up
Author: (Michael A. Quinlan)
Install: CLI
http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/win9x.print.undef.html
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/print/2up.zip

Susan

Thank you, Susan. Bow I found it.
Having looked into it I understand the program is more for WIn 95/98. I
shall have a look into my OpenOffice and try to figure out how OOo
provides 2page printing. I know it's more complicated than with MS Word
but it's a program less on the pc

Frank

Susan Bugher

FTR said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Thank you, Susan. Bow I found it.
Having looked into it I understand the program is more for WIn 95/98. I
shall have a look into my OpenOffice and try to figure out how OOo
provides 2page printing. I know it's more complicated than with MS Word
but it's a program less on the pc

YW. :) re more complicated - once in a great while I do booklet printing
- after trial and erroring my way through the settings on my $ware app
for the umpteenth time I wrote myself a note listing all the steps - the
note has made that chore much easier.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Fitzsimons

Just look in your printer properties. Most decent printers do scaling.

Wow ! Didn't notice that. Not perfect but very handy. It works from
upper left, or centre, of the page.

Would be better with an option to "select" the area to print, and be
able to move it, though.

Hopefully something that can do that exists. For text eg. web pages,
graphics etc.

Thanks Conor for your help. Appreciated. :)

Regards, John.