0xc00000017 application failed to initialize properly

G

Just got a new Sony Vaio laptop with XP - less than a month ago. This error 0xc00000017 application failed to initialize properly is causing my system to slow down and ultimately freeze. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks

G

Mitch - I'm not sure what you mean. Your links send me right back to microsoft newsgroups (which are not the simplest things to decipher to begin with.). This was a pointless roundabout. The link you sent me to does not easily explain how to post or what the newsgroup is. Do they charge for help? Is it free? I would appreciate any assistance as long as the directions are clear

My computer is sitting here useless on my desk at the moment and I have to borrow a friend's MAC to post this. (Once again the mac user is laughing at me. *rolls eyes*).

Does anyone even know where I can look this up or HOW to look it up? I don't have a clue what part of the computer the error even refers to (except that it's an application). Has any website even covered this error? Is this a new error only to XP or have people seen it before

help! I am wondering if there is so little on the net about this problem if a local pc tech would be able to fix it as they wind up going on the net half the time to look things up themselves

Ask a Question