ZONE Transfer to BIND 8/9

Jerome Schnitzler

Hello NG,

I've got a big problem ... I'm running my own Primary DNS without AD. My ISP
plays the Secondary DNS. When I changed from Linux to Windows 2003 , Zone
Transfers were suddenl impossible. I activated all options and allowed zone
transfer from any source, but still it was impossible. I made several test
with "dig". Normal DNS queries were possible, but when I tried a Transfer
the sever was unreachable. Where is the problem?

Thanx

Jerome

Ace Fekay [MVP]

Assuming that you have set to "all allowed", I would try to specifically put
in the ISP's server's IP address, if you haven't tried that yet.

Also, maybe this might help. It;s based on W2k, but it may be applicable:

194129 - Microsoft DNS Fails to Acquire Zone Transfer from BIND Primary:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194129

Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.

Jerome Schnitzler

<PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&[email protected]>
Assuming that you have set to "all allowed", I would try to specifically put
in the ISP's server's IP address, if you haven't tried that yet.

This was the first I tried.
Also, maybe this might help. It;s based on W2k, but it may be applicable:

194129 - Microsoft DNS Fails to Acquire Zone Transfer from BIND Primary:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194129

I'm sorry, but this article doesn't help. My w2k3 s the Primary DNS and not
the BIND ... so this is not the "right" problem.

Thank you!

Ace Fekay [MVP]

Sorry, I was hinting at that it could happen in reverse, as I've previously
seen.

Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.

Kevin D. Goodknecht [MVP]

In