    quite serious now.

    cheers
    Olly

    Olly, Mar 1, 2010

  2. What happens when you put in the criteria of ="" in a query?

    How about Len([TheFieldName]) in the field of a query?
    --
    Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

    Jerry Whittle, Mar 1, 2010

  3. Olly

    Olly Guest

    Jerry

    Searching by ="" returns 12 results, way less than the fields with
    garbage in them.
    Searching by len returns an integer grater than zero, but not
    necessarily the same length of the string displayed. It is either
    equal to or grater than the length of the string displayed.

    cheers
    Olly

    Olly, Mar 2, 2010
  4. Olly

    Olly Guest

    Bump, any chance of getting a response?

    cheers
    Olly

    Olly, Mar 5, 2010
  5. On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:11:37 -0800 (PST), Olly <> wrote:

    >Bump, any chance of getting a response?

    It sounds to me like the ODBC driver for Interbase is defective. Have you
    reported this symptom to whoever developed the driver?

    I don't know what I - or any of the other volunteers here - can do, since I
    don't have Interbase (or a whole lot of spare time, for that matter).
    --

    John W. Vinson [MVP]

    John W. Vinson, Mar 5, 2010
  6. Olly

    Olly Guest

    Thanks for your reply. But there is no issue with the ODBC driver,
    because other applications use the same driver without seeing the
    unexpected data. Which to me indicates a problem with Access itself.

    cheers
    Olly

    Olly, Mar 8, 2010
  7. On Mar 8, 6:26 am, Olly <> wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply.  But there is no issue with the ODBC driver,
    > because other applications use the same driver without seeing the
    > unexpected data.  Which to me indicates a problem with Access itself.
    >
    > cheers
    > Olly
    >
    > On Mar 5, 5:20 pm, John W. Vinson <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:11:37 -0800 (PST), Olly <>wrote:
    > > >Bump, any chance of getting a response?

    > > It sounds to me like the ODBC driver for Interbase is defective. Have you
    > > reported this symptom to whoever developed the driver?

    > > I don't know what I - or any of the other volunteers here - can do, since I
    > > don't have Interbase (or a whole lot of spare time, for that matter).
    > > --

    > >              John W. Vinson [MVP]

    Maybe a workaround can filter out the garbage. Try something like:

    IIf(Len(IIf(FieldName IS NULL, "", FieldName) = 0, "",
    IIf(Asc(Left(FieldName, 1)) < 32 Or Asc(Left(FieldName, 1)) > 127, "",
    FieldName))

    James A. Fortune

    James A. Fortune, Mar 8, 2010
  8. On Mar 8, 2:23 pm, "James A. Fortune" <>
    wrote:
    > On Mar 8, 6:26 am, Olly <> wrote:
    >

    > > Thanks for your reply.  But there is no issue with the ODBC driver,
    > > because other applications use the same driver without seeing the
    > > unexpected data.  Which to me indicates a problem with Access itself.

    > > cheers
    > > Olly

    > > On Mar 5, 5:20 pm, John W. Vinson <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com>
    > > wrote:

    > > > It sounds to me like the ODBC driver for Interbase is defective. Haveyou
    > > > reported this symptom to whoever developed the driver?

    > > > I don't know what I - or any of the other volunteers here - can do, since I
    > > > don't have Interbase (or a whole lot of spare time, for that matter).
    > > > --

    > > >              John W. Vinson [MVP]

    > Maybe a workaround can filter out the garbage.  Try something like:
    >
    > IIf(Len(IIf(FieldName IS NULL, "", FieldName) = 0, "",

    Try something more like something with a right parenthesis before the
    '=' sign :). Other parentheses might be needed or omitted.

    James A. Fortune

    De Jager, Mar 13, 2010
  10. km)====

    de discussion :