Zero Counts & M Walsh

G

To Miche
My first question posted some time ago was that I have two columns one for DIRECT and the other for INDIRECT
I enter in the appropriate figure for one or the other. This figure can be a 0 (zero) and or it can be 120 more and or less. What I want to do is count the number of times that this client has shown up on the database, but I do not want to count the ZEROS. For example, Client 1 may have on todays date 0 for DIRECT and 120 for INDIRECT, he may have also been seen by another staff member and therefore I would again enter him and for this example, I might enter in 1 DIRECT and 25 INDIRECT. I want to count how many times he appeared on this day. The answer to Client 1 would 1 direct and 2 indirect, therefore not counting the zeros. The last answer you gave me I cannot make out.

I am in a query form and the query is set up as follows..
Field: DIREC
Table: SUMMAR
Total: COUN
Show: ticke

.... the same above for INDREC
I also have..
Field: DAT
Table: SUMMAR
Total: Group B
Ascending order and show ticke

I also have the same for the CLIENTS Nam
I also have the same for the COST centr

You wrote the following

Select COUN
(iif(StandardTime=0,null,StandardTime)) as number of Stnadard Time Not Zer
(iif(IndirectHour=0,null,IndirectHour)) as number of recrod with no zero indirect hou

MY INTERPRETATIONS - and it doesn't work and it's now becoming frustrating..

(iif(direct=0,null,direct)
If DIRECT equals zero, then change it to a null ???

What I want to say i
If DIRECT equals zero change it to null and don't add me, if any other number appears call it 1 and add them all up

My apologies, if this is a bit long winded, but I do want to understand it, but I am not, therefore I have tried to make myself clear and in doing so I probably have made it hard to understand

Many thanks to Michel for your previous help and the help, and the help now. Thanks also to everyone else that replies.

D

David Wilson

Field: DIRECT_COUNT: iif([summary].[direct]>0,1,0)
Table: leave blank
Total: SUM

The above will create a new field for the direct count. The "DIRECT_COUNT"
is the field's label in the query.

Ask a Question