your Water rates

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Nice one Itsme! I think it must have taken quite a bit of courage to take-on WW like that. Well done.:thumb::D

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Nice one Itsme! I think it must have taken quite a bit of courage to take-on WW like that. Well done.:thumb::D

What annoys me is the fact that the story was Headlines in the local paper, and, they advised others especially OAP to have a meter installed. Do they listen NO!!!!!
Oh well I did:nod: :D never regreted it;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
itsme said:
What annoys me is the fact that the story was Headlines in the local paper, and, they advised others especially OAP to have a meter installed. Do they listen NO!!!!!
Oh well I did:nod: :D never regreted it;)

Just a theory, but I suppose it's because folk often fear the "unknown" and stick with the familiar - even though it is not always to their advantage. I remember hearing radio discussions re water meters back in the 1980s (or thereabouts) when there were ominous warnings that you could end up paying a lot more, if your water usage turned out to be high - it probably put off the very people that would have benefited, which is a shame. :( These days we have the advantage of being able to access forums such as this one, where we can learn from the experiences of fellow members - this thread has certainly given us food for thought in my home.
nod.gif

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Haha that is an amazing comeback about that canopy. Made me laugh :D

As I say the regitrar had a GRIN on his face; Could only guess but, that was in my favour;) As when the case was over he called me into his chambers, he congratulated me on my defense of the matter, shook my hand wished me luck and winked:nod: :D Very-Very nice chap:thumb:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Just a theory, but I suppose it's because folk often fear the "unknown" and stick with the familiar - even though it is not always to their advantage. I remember hearing radio discussions re water meters back in the 1980s (or thereabouts) when there were ominous warnings that you could end up paying a lot more, if your water usage turned out to be high - it probably put off the very people that would have benefited, which is a shame. :( These days we have the advantage of being able to access forums such as this one, where we can learn from the experiences of fellow members - this thread has certainly given us food for thought in my home.
nod.gif

What you MUST remember, four or more sharing a household would NOT benefit from such a move, and it is now inevitable that all home will have one installed, once installed [this is important] you CANNOT have the meter removed?

Reaction score
itsme said:
once installed [this is important] you CANNOT have the meter removed?

This is true, even the family or persons that move in after you cannot have it removed as far as I am aware

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
This is true, even the family or persons that move in after you cannot have it removed as far as I am aware

No you cannot once it`s in it stays, no one comes to take it out?:lol:

I think he liked you... REALLY liked you... :D

Whoooooo..... that was close:lol:

Ask a Question