You must connect to microsoft exchange with the currentprofile before you can synchronize<1180115934

P

Paul R

I have the same issue with one user on one computer.
New notebook, running Vista Business, Office 2007, setup went fine, will not start Outlook. ADD A SECOND ACCOUNT, POP3 WITH A .PST FILE AS THE DEFAULT AND YOUR OUTLOOK WILL START AND OPEN BUT YOU STILL CAN NOT ACCESS THE EXCHANGE MAILBOX. It will "Send and Receive" on the Echange account (or it at least says "Completed", but nothing shows up in it, the caching is not happening. Try to open the mailbox and you get this same message, you must connect first. But it is connected I think. I re-installed, I removed, cleaned the registry and re-installed (maybe I missed the critical registry entry?) all to no avail. Outlook has created a 0 byte .OST file, but the mail on Exchange is not available, the >OST does not pic up the old mail, contacts, etc.

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question