You can pre-order an Oculus Rift now

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oculus announced today that the Oculus Rift is available to pre-order - it will cost $599 and is available in the UK. Anyone tempted?!

We’re excited to announce that Rift is now available to pre-order for $599 USD* onOculus.com and it will ship to 20 countries/regions** starting March 28. People have been dreaming about immersive high-end VR for decades, and we’re thrilled to share Rift with you this March.

Rift will also be available in limited locations at select retailers starting in April.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/oculus-rift-pre-orders-now-open-first-shipments-march-28/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nah too expensive

No way would I go buy a new GFX card aswell.

According to Gamespot:

The recommended memory requirement is eight gigabytes of RAM, while the processor recommendation is the mid-range Intel i5-4590. The graphics card shouldn't be less powerful than the Nvidia GTX 970 or the AMD R9290.

Meanwhile, four USB ports are required for all parts of the peripheral to work (Oculus recommends that three of these are USB 3.0)

Oculus VR didn't provide separate minimum and recommended PC specs, instead combining the two together in the list below:

• Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater
  • Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • Memory: 8GB+ RAM
  • Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • Input: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah it would certainly work out to be a very expensive endeavour. Cool though! :cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ian got one of those 'Mockulus Thrift' headsets for Christmas (it uses your phone) which is actually pretty good! And for a fraction of the price :) There would be no comparison though, I'm sure, but it's a nice little gadget!

Ask a Question