Yo Ho Ho

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
For the last five or six weeks my locality has been invaded by Hollywood.

At the moment the fourth instalment of Pirates Of The Caribbean is being filmed in the grounds of Greenwich University.

This means a large chunk of the grounds has been sectioned off with some heavy security keeping people out, including the area where I saw The Fun Lovin' Criminals and Hayseed Dixie last May.

There are structures constantly being assembled and dismantled, at the moment we have a large plywood castle clearly visible. There are also about 100 temporay stables for lots of horses and many actors dressed as soldiers in bright red old fashioned uniforms about the place. Some of these actors sometimes wander into central Greenwich not bothering to change from their film clothes which is quite odd.

I will attempt to gather a few snaps and post them here but in the meantime (no pun intended) here's a link to a nice little story where Johnny Depp gave a local primary school a visit:

And a bottle of Rum

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Can't you get a bit part?

I'm sure you'd make a good pirate. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
aw, there's a nice fellow

must try and "see" one of these films :D

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Phwoarrr... :blush: Ahem, I meant, yes, what a jolly nice fellow. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some pics Flops, I always enjoy your pic threads, and seeing Greenwich transformed in to a pirates lair should be interesting :D

haha, that was Becky's response too, TC!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Flops would play a cracking Davy Jones lol

slide_1.jpg