    Please re-install a copy of the above file. I can't get
    it to go past the A prompt or move it to the CD rom?? Can
    someone please help??? Thanks, Lyle...Windows XP home...

    Lyle Pfeifer, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Lyle Pfeifer

    Sharon F Guest

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:16:11 -0700, Lyle Pfeifer wrote:

    > I can't get my computer to boot. It comes up with the
    > message it can't start because the following file is
    > missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
    > Please re-install a copy of the above file. I can't get
    > it to go past the A prompt or move it to the CD rom?? Can
    > someone please help??? Thanks, Lyle...Windows XP home...

    Information about the error and suggestions for repairs are discussed in
    this article:

    Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
    Configuration Problem
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314477
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP/ Windows XP - Shell/User

    Sharon F, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Lyle Pfeifer

    Lyle Guest

    us;314477
    >--
    >Sharon F
    >MS-MVP/ Windows XP - Shell/User
    >.
    >After pressing "R", I get the message Windows did not

    find any hard disk drives installed on your computer. Lyle

    Lyle, Aug 25, 2003