XP will not start

G

When I turn on my computer I get the computer manufacturers page and then usually I have a Windows XP logo come up. But now instead of the Logo I get a blank screen with a curser in the upper left corner. After 10 sec. the computer tries to boot up again. This can continue indefinately, but if I hold F10 then Windows will load on an occasion. Or it will load off the safe start menu. There is no error message given.

G

Have you tried holding down F8 after a restart and selecting-Last known good configuration. It will roll-back to before you had a problem, if not too serious, and you should be able to find a solution from there.

G

Since it is a preinstalled Windows Configuration it is best to consult the manufacturer of the computer to identify the cause for this non-booting.

Since the computer is covered under warranty any changes to the system yourself will render the warranty void.

Ask a Question