XP pro and password

John Harbo

I have 3 PCs on my own network. I would like to have a
login and a password showing up if I try to log on to one
of the other two PCs via the network. I have tried to
disable Guest Account and ad passwords to al 3 PCs. Still
I am able to log on to the other PCs via the network
without being asked for Login nad Password. If I log on
to the PC locally, I always get the Login and Password.

/John

Longhorn

That's because your username and password for all PCs is the same so your
local credentials are being used to log into the remote system. Try
changing your password on the PC you're trying to access. I bet it won't
let you in.

Steven L Umbach

Disable simple file sharing on all of the computers and then double check in
Local Security Policy security options that they are all set to use
"classic" instead of guest for network access. The user right assignment
for access this computer from the network, if you remove
users/everyone/guest and add authenticated users then guest access will be
permanently stopped.--- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBI/tip4400/rh4487.htm

Bobby McMillan [MSFT]

John,