XP PRO ADMIN

G

Hello,
Whilst trying to adjust my home net, somehow, I managed to give myself a limited access acount. Is there an easy way to adjust my account back to administrator status so I can add/remove programs again? ( I basically lost all ability to do anything on this comp, with this profile) Any help greatly apperciated in advance thank you!!!

M

Mike Bright MSP

transient,

Do you have access to the Administrator account? This is
going to be the only real way to move your account out of
limited status and back as an Admin.

Regards

Mike Bright MCP, MSP

e:[email protected]

G

Mike Bright MSP said:
transient,

Do you have access to the Administrator account? This is
going to be the only real way to move your account out of
limited status and back as an Admin.

Regards

Mike Bright MCP, MSP

e:[email protected]

Hello Mike,
First, thanks for your reply, I really apperciate it. After I fire the comp up, when that logon screen pops up, I can enter my account( 1 ), or I can type in Administator in or any other name and get on the comp, it just brings up XP withouth all the changes I made under my account (1) that used to Admin. Id just like to switch back to Admin from limited account for a less of a hassle when I deal with programs and stuff. Thanks again for any assistance!

G

transient said:
First, thanks for your reply, I really apperciate it. After I fire the comp up, when that logon screen pops up, I can enter my account( 1 ), or I can type in Administator in or any other name and get on the comp, it just brings up XP withouth all the changes I made under my account (1) that used to Admin. Id just like to switch back to Admin from limited account for a less of a hassle when I deal with programs and stuff. Thanks again for any assistance!

LOL nevermind logged on as admin then gave myself priveledges ROFL!!! problem solved thanks for your time.

Ask a Question