XP audio driver problems

Reaction score
hi, my friend was having some problems with his pc so i formatted his hard drive and installed windows xp. But my friend had lost all the driver discs, so i had to search for them all online and download them all and then install them.
They all worked except for the audio driver, i downloaded the driver from this site :http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...3&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1
i selected the second one down.
When i try installing this driver half way through the installation, the pc just restarts, and i cant find another driver, so basically my mate is stuck without sound.
is there any one who can help me with this?
thanks

Reaction score
Go to the manufacturers site and download from there. Before doing so run AV and spyware? then install the correct driver:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Normally one would go to the likes of Realtek for their drivers, but I suggest you go to the motherboard's website, you should find all the correct drivers you need. :thumb:

If you are unsure, install Everest Home Edition and it will give you all the information you, and we, need. ;)

If all else fails, you may even find the drivers on offer at MS Windows Update Site, just use the Custom button to check ... they may or may not work.

user.gif

Reaction score
thanks for your replies, but im not sure how to find out what motherboard ive got and what its manafacture is
thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Charlie said:
thanks for your replies, but im not sure how to find out what motherboard ive got and what its manafacture is
thanks
That's why I posted the program ... run it. ;)

Ask a Question