Windows XP XP Acivation Key

Reaction score
Hi,
My PC has been running on XP for around 2 years. I've just had a virus attack and since I cured it XP has been telling me that my "Hardware has changed significantly" and that I need to enter a new Activation Key. However my hardware has NOT changed at all and entering my (genuine) key results in a message telling me that the key is incorrect.

I know that the XP installation and the Activation key are both OK & genuine and that my hardware has not changed. Also the system has been running faultlessly for ages. Any thoughts??? Thanks in anticipation.

Ed

Reaction score
Give microsoft a call or email im sure they will give u more information than we could :)

i may be wrong :blush: someone here may know actually wait and see !

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
G Man is right ... give MS a call.

What you will find is you will be given a choice of HOW to activate, do not go 'on-line' and you should be given a phone number to call ... as long as you have your original key, MS are no hassle what so ever.

:thumb:

Ask a Question