XP-64/IE

Carlo Razzeto

I'm currently running Windwos XP 64 on AMD64 (like what I see so far). One
question though. I'm noticing that while I can install the google toolbar in
this version of Windows, it will dissapear when I close and reopen the
browser, and won't come back until I install again. Is this a known issue?
Also, falsh player 7 doesn't seen to work with this version of IE either,
this another known issue? I just kind of assumed that XP/IE would treat
browser plugins like a 32 bit app. Apparently not?

Carlo

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Carlo,
There is a 32-bit IE browser and a 64-bit IE browser on Windows XP X64 for
Extended Systems.
You may need to be running the 32-bit version of the Internet Explorer to
get the functionality that you are referring to.
You may get better support via these newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]