XP 3000 not showing on boot up.

Reaction score
Hello all, :bow:

I have just brought a ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Motherboard and a XP 3000 processor. I have set is all up, but when the computer boots up is says the processor is a 1.3ghz when is it 3.0ghz.

Is there a setting I have missed or a jumper setting on the motherboard? :confused: Any help on this would be grateful.

thanks

Reaction score
An excelent choice of harware :)

Go into the BIOS and check that your CPU Multiplier (and External Clock Frequency if possible) are set to "Auto".

If that still doesn't help, I'll talk you through setting them manually :)

Reaction score
checks

Just got home and checked that the CPU Multiplier is on Auto, I am not sure were to check for the External Clock Frequency.

I think that I need to go through this manualy, if that is ok.

Reaction score
hi firstly are u sure xp 3000 is 3.0 ghz? i dont know much abt the latest cpu's but i do know what xp 2400 is not 2.4ghz, its infact 2.0! However have you changed your front side bus? its a setting on the motheboard, which will allow a FSB speed of 533 or 600 i think is what the xp3000 needs to run at!! try it

let me knw how it went safe

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
WHOA ...
which will allow a FSB speed of 533 or 600
its an AMD not an Intel ... it should be set to 166 (that will give you 332, which is correct)

Note however, that if you have an earlier rev 1.xx board then you'll need a BIOS update for the MB to understand your new chip.

Install and run Belarc Advisor it will give you all the info about your MB BIOS

Reaction score
I have set it to 166Mhz and that has done the trick. Thanks all.

Has any one come across the sound going funny after a couple of hours on this motherboard? Sound is clear and then it start to get distorted.

Reaction score
I was having a bash at halo and after an hour the sound can start to go funny, I wonder if the motherboard is not buffering the memory or not running at the correct speed.

Reaction score
I was also having this problem.

Just messing around with the nforce app with the audio effects then i got a horrible screeching sound for a while, then it just stops.

I have got the a7n8x (Rev2) m/board with the xp3000 cpu.

Whats up with it?

Reaction score
Nothings up with it, you've just been playing with the sound effects like reverb, noise, etc make sure you have this featured turned off in your nforce app. :)

Ask a Question