XL 2002: Row limit in Pivot Tables

Conan Kelly

Hello all,

Using XL 2002.

I was looking for this in XL's help, but couldn't find it: What is the row
limit for pivot tables?

I have a set of data that I know will have 48,309 rows (less than the 65,536
row per sheet), but when I try to create this pivot table I get the
following error: "A field in your source data has more unique items than
can be used in a PivotTable report. MS XL may not be able to create the
report, or may create the report without the data from this field."

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the source data is a filtered
view from a SQL Server 2005 DB.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Jim Cone

Excel 2002 and 2003 is 32,500 unique items.
Prior to that it was 8000.
Excel 2002 help under "specifications" says the limit is 8000 but that is wrong.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA