xfx nvida 5200 256mb setup probs

Reaction score
hi can ne1 help i recently bought a nvida 256mb card in the hope the my games would run faster as evrythin else seems to be ok spec(see below). yet i can still only run games like driv3r in low res 60hz 16bit with detail low and it still jumps is it just me. altought the card is 8x agp and my board only goes to 4x but surely it shouldn't be that bad.had a 64mb nvida ti200 and there is no improvment.

512mb ram
p4 2gb intel
xp pro service 2
all drivers updated to recent

Reaction score
download and install DX 9.0c and latest Nvidia drivers for your card.

check device manager for any problems.

Not all that up on which video cards will play which games, i'm sure one of the games geeks will be able to help you on whether your wasting your time.

J

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Unfortunately you bought the wrong Graphics card..

You should of gone for something a little meatier if you want to play 3d games like Driver3...Something along the lines of at least a Geforce 5700 le...Rather than a 5200.

Even With the latest DirectX 9 and the Cards latest Drivers it still will not garner any more performance from this card...:(

Ask a Question