xbox 360

Reaction score
Can the xbox 360 acces files on my pc am using windows xp.

There a media setting on there, but i have,nt got a clue how to do it.

Any help please?

Reaction score
Yes it can but it's not that great. It will only recognise certain file types. MP3 will be fine I think you'll be fine with MPEG but AVI files were a big no no when I tried to set this up.

You can either use windows media player to share it across - first have to go on xbox and search for it. If you got media centre it can help too.

If you don't want to use that route you can use this software called Zune.
http://www.zune.net/en-us/software/download/default.htm

Basically you install that on your PC it picks up all the files and then you use it as a media server so that the xbox can access the files. It was pretty simple to setup.

I still use my old xbox that has got the best networking capabilities it will read almost any file.

Any questions let me know good luck.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Yes it can but it's not that great. It will only recognise certain file types. MP3 will be fine I think you'll be fine with MPEG but AVI files were a big no no when I tried to set this up.

You can either use windows media player to share it across - first have to go on xbox and search for it. If you got media centre it can help too.

If you don't want to use that route you can use this software called Zune.
http://www.zune.net/en-us/software/download/default.htm

Basically you install that on your PC it picks up all the files and then you use it as a media server so that the xbox can access the files. It was pretty simple to setup.

I still use my old xbox that has got the best networking capabilities it will read almost any file.

Any questions let me know good luck.

download that software but no luck.

Got a Ethernet Cable put in the back of the xbox 360 and back into the pc .Still will not pick up the pc,I enable sharing with the xbox 360 but still it would not work.

Reaction score
Okay do you get a working connection on the PC? *(local area connection)

make sure it is a cross over cable from PC to XBOX you'll know it is a cross over by looking at the cable ends. Pay close attention to the colours of the cables they should be different slightly. (in the RJ45 plug)

You'll need to go on to Zune and enable file sharing on that too. Play around with the settings on Zune. Also make sure the default windows xp firewall will filter and allow Zune to work.

Reaction score
Easy done if you xbox has wireless or if your computer is connected to the same place as your xbox just go to like the video bit in your xbox and click computre it will find all vids on your computer do the same with pics or songs.

Ask a Question