Would you return PC with PCI slot issue?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just gotten a new custom built PC and discovered that from day 1, one of the PCI slots doesn't function due to ( I think) one of it's tiny metal pins being missing, the other PCI and as far as I know PCI-E slots are fine.

My question is- as these PCI slots are more or less 'legacy' slots which are starting to disappear from many boards, would you go to all the trouble of sending the PC back to base and waiting 2-3 weeks for repair if all else is working ok?

Part of me says- why should I spend £1300 on a PC that doesn't fully function, the other part says - am I being unnecessarily picky, what would you do?

JZ

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
RMA it ... and ask for a more modern motherboard for your £1300 as a replacement. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you don't mind waiting for the turnaround time then insist on a replacement, for that money you want full function.

Who was the supplier?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could always ask for a partial refund if you're not going to use the PCI slot - it may save them money and you're better off :).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I can see your point but for anything new costing £1300 I would expect it to be in perfect working order.

I would send it back. :)

Ask a Question