would appreciate some help with spyware problem

Reaction score
would like some help with this spyware problem

Hi muckshifter,
Have been busy painting and just got back to working on my computer. Thanks for the zip file, and yes I did try both things that you asked me too. Cool Web Search did not show up in these, but when I ran Spybot today, it did in it, and I checked to fix it. It gave the location as HKey_Classes_Root\Interface\{B1E68D42-02 (registry key) I am not knowledgeable enough to be fooling around in the registry myself though. I was surprised that the CW Shredder did not find it, just wanted to let you know, and again to thank you so much for your help. I have still been seeing evidence of that about blank thing, but cannot run it down. Thanks again.
countrygirllyndafox

Reaction score
would like some help with this spyware problem

Hi muckshifter,
I let Spybot remove Cool Web Search this afternoon, or so I thought, Thought I would check again after being on computer tonight, and sure enough, there it was again, this time, HKey_Classes_Root\Interface\{B1E68D42-O2 (same as before) and then C4 added this time, CWS assures me that it is not there, then Spybot finds it. (Sneaky little pesky thing) Thanks again.
countrygirllyndafox

Ask a Question