workgroup shared access

Reaction score
i have a workgroup enviornment as the users are around 20 numbers.Client systems are windows 2000 proff and win xp proff .

I have a windows 2000 server acting as a DHCP server and not configured as a domain controller .I also use it as a backup server .

i have created folders .viz accounts ,prod ,etc and assignes user access to them.The users are created in the windows 2000 server .

USERNAME
accounts-- acc
prod-- prod
common--- all access to everyone

If accounts guys want to access accounts folder ,,they access it as

file:\\192.168.1.3
It prompts for a user name and password say acc .Hence only the accounts guys can access the folders.

Now the problem is that ,if the account guy wants to access another shared folder ..for which he has been given access rights ,then he can't acccess it .

The reason being that the user acc is still active.Inorder to access another shared folder ,i need to logof and logon again.

hence is ther some way wherin i can login as a different user everytime in a workgroup envirnment.

Ask a Question