Workbook with macro unvisable in VBE

mohavv

Hi,

I'm working on a workbook (XL 2003) with an appearing macro on opening
(msgbox) which contains an error. It refers to a non existing sheet,
according to the message.
However I can't find the code in VBE, not in the modules, ThisWorkbook
or Sheets.

Anyone an idea where it can be stored?

Cheers,

Harold

Jim Cone

Harold,
Have you checked the code in the error handling routines?
Also, do a search in the VBE, within the entire project, for "MsgBox".
If you don't find it then it is not a VBA MsgBox.
It might be a custom form that is displayed.
Do a project wide search for a phrase from the displayed message
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"mohavv"
<[email protected]>

San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"mohavv"
<[email protected]>
I'm working on a workbook (XL 2003) with an appearing macro on opening
(msgbox) which contains an error. It refers to a non existing sheet,
according to the message.
However I can't find the code in VBE, not in the modules, ThisWorkbook
or Sheets.
Anyone an idea where it can be stored?
Cheers,
Harold

Tx, but no luck.
The error refers to a sheet that is not visible (called "M"). If I try
to insert a sheet with the same name it won't let me cause it already
exists.
It doesn't show in VBE either.
The error is in cell M!A3 and is: =select("R1C1") and I got following
and Help.
After clicking Step into the following appears for cell M!A4: =halt()
with the same options.

Does this ring a bell?

Cheers,

Harold

Jim Cone

Harold,
Sounds like you have an XL4 Macro sheet in the workbook.
The code is contained in the sheet itself.
You should be able to make the sheet visible using Format | Sheet | Unhide.
Or the following code should work... Sheets("M").Visible = True