work around for 'Impossible To delete' message

I had 10 or so messages in my Delete folder and several others in my In box
and every time I went to delete them I would receive the 'Impossible to
delete' message (or something like that).

What I did was this, I simply right clicked on the folder in question and
deleted he items. I could not delete all of them at once, but I did manage
to delete all of them without having to open and close the program. I have
seen other threads here with that same problem.

I have no idea what the source of the problem is but I suspect it might have
to do with my anti-virus program stopping something in its tracks. At any
rate, I solved my 'problem' this way.

Actually the error message I rec'd was 'an unknown error has occured' or
something very close to that.

Gary VanderMolen

It's not clear what you did. When I right-click on the Deleted Items
folder (or any other system-created folder like Outbox), "Delete"
is grayed out, so that's not a doable action.

Gary VanderMolen

C:\Users\David Candy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local
Folders\Deleted Items

Try deleting the folder. Replace my name above with yours.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Dave Horne - The Netherlands" <Dave Horne - The
I had 10 or so messages in my Delete folder and several others in my In box
and every time I went to delete them I would receive the 'Impossible to
delete' message (or something like that).

What I did was this, I simply right clicked on the folder in question and
deleted he items. I could not delete all of them at once, but I did
manage
to delete all of them without having to open and close the program. I
have
seen other threads here with that same problem.

I have no idea what the source of the problem is but I suspect it might
have
to do with my anti-virus program stopping something in its tracks. At any
rate, I solved my 'problem' this way.

Mark the messages as read and then try deleting them. That just worked for
me with three messages.