Wordpad double spacing problem

Discussion in 'DIY PC' started by Jeff Strickland, Nov 14, 2011.

  1. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
    > sudden it
    > will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
    > and is
    > there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

    I suggest you test with another keyboard. I'd suspect doublestrikes on the
    Return Key before I suspected a glich in the program.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 14, 2011

  2. <> wrote in message

    > Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
    > sudden it
    > will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
    > and is
    > there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

    Whatever the cause, if this presents a practical problem, you
    can draft single-spaced and then reforrmat double-spaced.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Nov 14, 2011

  3. On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a sudden
    >> it
    >> will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
    >> and is
    >> there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

    > I suggest you test with another keyboard. I'd suspect doublestrikes on the
    > Return Key before I suspected a glich in the program.

    Or maybe not.

    When I was using a Mac Plus, I spilled some soda on it. I thought I
    cleaned the keyboard up properly, but suddenly I was getting two
    characters for one key press on one key. So I take the keyboard apart,
    desolder the keyswitch and put in a new one (obviously I happned to have a
    keyswitch that fit, otherwise I wouldn't have done this), put it back
    together and it still did it.

    It was a bug in that early Microsoft Word for the Mac. Pressing that one
    key (I think it was only one key) and the numeric keypad caused the
    character to be entered twice. If I'd pressed any other key after
    cleaning the keyboard, I'd have never noticed, or if I'd used some other
    program, I'd have never noticed.

    Not likely to happen to someone else, but I really thought it was the
    keyboard that time (especially since I had spilled the soda, so there was
    something to blame).

    Michael

    Michael Black, Nov 14, 2011
  4. Jeff Strickland

    Guest

    Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a sudden it
    will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that, and is
    there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

    , Nov 14, 2011
  5. Jeff Strickland

    Jon Danniken Guest

    wrote:
    > Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
    > sudden it will switch to what appears to be double spacing every
    > line. Why is that, and is there a way to make it go back to single
    > spacing?

    Same thing happens to me when I try pasting wordpad text into another
    application (I notice it a lot in OE).

    I hope you find out what's causing it, as I usually end up bouncing between
    OO and Notepad to try and monkey with it. I suspect it's a
    linefeed/carriage return issue.

    Have you tried Cetus wordpad?

    Jon

    Jon Danniken, Nov 15, 2011
  6. Jeff Strickland

    Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:19:31 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
    >> sudden it will switch to what appears to be double spacing every
    >> line. Why is that, and is there a way to make it go back to single
    >> spacing?

    >Same thing happens to me when I try pasting wordpad text into another
    >application (I notice it a lot in OE).
    >
    >I hope you find out what's causing it, as I usually end up bouncing between
    >OO and Notepad to try and monkey with it. I suspect it's a
    >linefeed/carriage return issue.
    >
    >Have you tried Cetus wordpad?

    No. What's that?

    , Nov 17, 2011