word 2007

ted medin

Have a directory of doc files on a network hard drive (NHD). Brought up
a doc (2002 form) & inserted a linked file to another doc on the NHD.
Changed the linked file. When i brought up the first doc the linked file
changes were not in the doc. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

Pat Garard

G'Day Ted,

If you change a file
THEN
All host documents containing a link to that file will show the changes
ELSE
The host document(s) contain inserted text (from the original file) and NOT
a Link!
END IF

Remove the inserted text
Insert>Object
Create from file (Tab)
Browse .... to file
CHECK the Link box
OK

MMAP HQ

If I understand this then that works fine when the file is on the c drive
but not on the network hard drive :-(. Just as an aside openoffice does do
the correct thing even when the linked file is on the network hard drive. Go
figure.