Excel word 2007 won't mail merge with excel 2007

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble running a mail merge with word 2007 and using an excel 2007 file as the data source. I've used this same word and excel file to run this mail merge 3 times a week for the last 12 mths.

Recently I had a spyware infection and had someone at spywareinfoforum sort it out for me. Ever since I've had this problem.

Ok, when I open my prepared word document that I want to use for the merge I get the following message:

"Opening this document will run the following SQL command"

I never used to get this come up. When I select "yes" I get the following error:

"Error has occured: Catastrophic failure:"

When I select "no" the document opens which is ok.

However, if I go to mailings--->start mailmerge--->step by step mail merge wizzard. This is ok but when it comes time to select the datasource I get the problem.

I select "Use existing list" ----> "browse" then navigate to the excel file I want to merge. When I click on the excel file it appears to not recognise the document type. By this I mean that when I click on the excel file nothing displays in the "File Name" box. This happens even if I change the "Files of Type" box to all files.

If I double click the file I want I get the following error:

"Error has occured: Catastrophic failure:"

I've tried to fix the problem by creating a new word and excel file but still get the same result. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but this doesn't help either.

No I don't know what to try.

Thanks

Ask a Question