Word 2007 - Send to

abrielle

I am using Word 2007 and would like to add an item to the Send options as I
often need to put the document in a Dropbox folder.

Is this possible, please?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

It is possible to add locations to the Send To menu in Windows, but I don't
believe it has ever been possible to add to the menu in Word.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

Jay Freedman

While you can't add anything to the Send To menu in Word 2007, you can install the following macro (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed) and assign a button on the Quick Access
Toolbar to run it.

Be sure to change the assignment of DboxName (in the fourth line) to the actual location of your Dropbox folder, and make sure the path ends with a backslash.

Code:
Sub SendToDropbox()
Dim FName As String
Dim DboxName As String
DboxName = "C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Dropbox\"

With ActiveDocument
If .Path = "" Then ' not saved yet
If Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show <> -1 Then
MsgBox "Document is not saved. Exiting..."
Exit Sub
End If
End If

FName = .FullName
DboxName = DboxName & .Name
.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
FileCopy FName, DboxName
Documents.Open FName
End With
End Sub

abrielle

Thank you - just what I was looking for!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

[...]

Microsoft Word MVP
all may benefit.

abrielle

Would it also be possible to save the document to a particular folder on my
PC and then send a copy to Dropbox, i.e. leaving the original in the home
folder?