Word Word 2007 ribbon is missing

Reaction score
Word 2007 is missing the ribbon. It's not simply minimized because the minimize option is grayed out. It's actually disabled. I checked the addons and didn't see anything relevant. I replaced the normal.dotm. Didn't help. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The first time I opened Word it showed up for a split second then disappeared. it acts like something is turning it off but i don't know what.

I did notice that when I start up Excel/PPT it starts in Compatibility mode and Word doesn't. So i created the reg key that forces it to open in Compat mode. Still nothing.

I just tried starting in safe mode (hold the control key). It opened up and had the ribbon there, but it was all grayed out. I then created a new blank document and it opened up with a fully working ribbon. Strange. I tried saving that document as the normal template but it still doesn't work in normal mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ask a Question