    then deleted the section break. But all my headers disappeared.

    Thanks,
    J.

    jannkatt, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Follow these steps:

    Make sure that you're in Draft view (Draft view: A view that shows text
    formatting and a simplified page layout. Draft view is convenient for most
    editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu in the status bar, click
    Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not
    visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.

    * To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page
    break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press
    DELETE.

    vikram mundra, Oct 13, 2008

  3. jannkatt

    jannkatt Guest

    I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
    However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
    blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?

    Thanks,
    J.

    jannkatt, Oct 13, 2008
  4. jannkatt

    grammatim Guest

    Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
    EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
    is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.

    grammatim, Oct 13, 2008
  5. jannkatt

    jannkatt Guest

    I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
    suggestions?

    Thanks,
    J.

    jannkatt, Oct 13, 2008
  6. In your original posting, you said "after a section break." You might try
    placing your cursor at the end of the document (after the section break) and
    then go to Page Setup - Format and set the section break to "Continuous"
    instead of "Next Page."

    Maybe this will help.

    Fred

    Idaho Word Man, Oct 13, 2008
  7. Oops! I noticed after I posted that you said you were using 2007. My last
    post will work in 2003, but I'm not sure how to get there in 2007. I hope the
    logic will be similar enough to get you there.

    Fred

    Idaho Word Man, Oct 13, 2008
  8. Arghhhhhhhhh! I'm screwing up big-time today. It's not Page Setup - Format;
    it's Page Setup - Layout.

    Idaho Word Man, Oct 13, 2008
  9. jannkatt

    jannkatt Guest

    I tried this and it still doesn't work. I did find a way to do it though.
    After making sure the header and footer on the blank page are the "same as
    previous", then changing to Draft view and deleting the section break, the
    formatting of the body was still messed up. But I checked the margins and
    changed them back to what they should have been. Everything went back to the
    way it should have been except for a few extra spaces below the header on a
    couple of pages.

    Thanks,
    J.

    jannkatt, Oct 13, 2008
  10. jannkatt

    dfranklin

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    In MsWord 2007 just go to "page layout" and "breaks" and click on "continous" the additional blank pages will get removed.

    dfranklin, Apr 29, 2011
  11. jannkatt

    Lien82

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I tried all of the recommendations posted in this thread and nothing seemed to work.

    But I managed to find the solution myself - so here it is:

    1. Put cursor in front of the last "Section Break (Next Page")
    2. Go to Page Layout and open Page Setup (click the small arrow on bottom right corner)
    3. In the dialogue box, choose "section start: continious" and apply to "This point forward"
    4. You should now have two "Section Break (Continious) with the blank page still following
    5. Delete the last "Section Break "Continious)
    6. Voila - no blank page! ...and all formatting/footers from the previous section preserved.

    Hope this helps. :wave:

    Lien82, Nov 15, 2011
  12. jannkatt

    Lien82

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually, two more steps you need to take before step 1. Can't seem to be able to edit my own posts here, so here is the addition:

    00. In the Paragraph section of the Home tab, click the paragraph symbol to enable formatting marks.

    000. Go to the header of the section you want to delete and select 'Link to Previous' in Design tab. Word 2007 will ask if you want to delete the header and footer and connect to the header and footer in the previous section. Click Yes.

    Lien82, Nov 15, 2011