Word Word 2003- Lost my normal.dot file

Reaction score
Hi

I appear to have lost my normal.dot file in Word 2003, I deleted it on purpose to try and correct some problems saving Auto Text entries, assuming it automatically replaced the normal file, but when I try and find it, even using the search command I can't find it.

Any ideas?

Regards
Tony in Enfield

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Word does indeed replace the Normal.dot file ... but you wont find it unless you un-hide files & folders

Double-click My Computer ... go to Tools/FolderOptions/Veiw & click Show hiden files & folders ... while you're there, un-tick ... Hide extentions for known filetypes

:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, strange ... I'll add a correction to that.

go to ... c: / Documents and settings / <Username> / Application Data / Microsoft / Templates

:)

Reaction score
My father is having a problem. He is using office 2003. When he opens up word it comes up with a document that is not a blank document. I did a search for normal.dot in the templates or on the entire c:drive and it cannot be found. What can be the cause and how can it be fixed.

Ask a Question