won't load DVD

G

My computer will not load my DVD's or recognize them as having any content. My CD/DVD drive has always worked in the past, but no longer does. I downloaded a new decoder to see if that would solve the problem. This did not solve the problem. I have no problem playing audio CD's, but just DVD's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me with any help. Thanks

W

Woody

try uninstalling any cd/dvd burning software , then try again . especially
roxio , it has a known problem ;-)

G

-----Original Message-----
My computer will not load my DVD's or recognize them as
having any content. My CD/DVD drive has always worked in
the past, but no longer does. I downloaded a new decoder
to see if that would solve the problem. This did not
solve the problem. I have no problem playing audio CD's,
but just DVD's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to email me with any help. Thanks

G

This is a common problem. First of al IMHO, Roxio is horrible, stick with Nero id you want any quality. Anyway to solve this without destroying your installation of windows(I did at first), boot into Bios and change the I/O mode to DMA Mode 4. Try that. If it doesnt work, try the others. This will solve your problem. I don't know why this gets changed but it sometimes does and is infuriating. Remeber, this is important Roxio software does not play ell with Nero software. If they are on the same box forget the CD/DVD burning altogether. I hope this helps.

Ask a Question