WM5 Camera API

Darren Shaffer

Please respond to this post if you have tried the new
CameraCaptureDialog class on your WM5 device to
capture photos from your CF2 application.

I am looking for a list of devices that do and do not properly
support this new WM5 API.

For example, the IMATE JasJar works, the Verizon 6700
and ETEN G500 do not.

Thank you,
Darren

--
Darren Shaffer
..NET Compact Framework MVP

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Darren,

I guess I'm not sure exactly what "works" means, but the sample code from
the help to pop up the dialog, suitably modifed to do a still shot, does
launch the camera, does return when the shot has been taken, etc., on the
K-Jam with the latest AKU on it.

Paul T.

Darren Shaffer

Thanks for the info on the K-Jam. "Works" means that the camera
API should work on any WM5 device with an integrated camera
but as I have now tried it on a variety of devices, this is not the case.
Either a core exception is thrown or the camera application itself
does not dismiss after closing the dialog, depending on the device
in question.

--
Darren Shaffer
..NET Compact Framework MVP
Principal Architect
Connected Innovation
www.connectedinnovation.com

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Peter Foot [MVP]

The problem is that some aspects of the implementation are up to the OEM and
the experience is not consistent. For example on iMate (HTC) devices it
hooks into the existing HTC Camera application except not exposing all of
the options. Some devices have shipped with the functionality completely
broken - one of the ETEN models for example.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

Darren Shaffer said:
[...]

message

Darren Shaffer

I'm just asking for help from people who have had success with the
CameraCaptureDialog on their devices so that I know what this list
of compatible devices looks like. I have to make a recommendation
to a customer on device selection for a field service app in which
photo capture is important and need to be sure we make a smart
recommendation.

thanks

--

Darren Shaffer said:
[...]

OK, that does work on the K-Jam. Seems like iMate/HTC must have done the
right things.

Paul T.